Monday, November 15, 2010

Learning some things.

So I've been concerned about the constant shedding and dry scalp that I've experienced lately.  Every time I run a comb through my hair, a few strands seem to fall out and I've notice that my scalp seems a little dry in between washes.  However, I've found that it's quite alright to experience that during this time of my journey.

The shedding is do to the fact that new healthy hair is growing in and it needs to push out some not so healthy hair to make room.  I've notice this taking place since my hair is fuller and thicker.

When it came to my dry scalp it was just a sign for me to beef up my washing methods.  I've always washed my hair once a week but I'm noticing that I may need to add a wash or two during the week.  However, with busy schedules it can be difficult.  I do think I can fit in another washing if I just wash the night before, let it air dry over night and flat iron it in the morning.  My flat iron process takes about 45 minutes sand since I go to work mid day I can get that done before I go in.

Before I mentioned that I'm using less product and allow my natural shine to come through.  Well I'm using even less and more shine is coming through.  There's no doubt that this is beneficial to my journey.  I'm sure my natural curl be more manageable when it comes in fully because of it.

Well this week we're gonna try and change our routine so I hope it goes well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment